This course was created with Adobe Flash technology. Since this technology is no longer supported by modern internet browsers, the online version was removed. The downloadable version and content of the course (text only) are still available. In order to access them, please read the instructions in the System requirements section below.
The course provides an overview of social safety net programmes and systems and how they are used and customized according to different contexts. It also introduces the key processes for designing and implementing social safety net programmes.
The target audience of the e-learning course includes: Mid-level managers, technical staff, field personnel who areminvolved in the collection, management, analysis, and reporting of food security information, as well as, planners, policy formulators and programme managers who are involved in monitoring progress in poverty reduction, and meeting food security goals and targets.
- Safety nets in different contexts
- Role of social safety net in development policy
- Common interventions and approaches
- Key programme design processes
- Key programme implementation processes
- Cross-cutting aspects
The course consists of 6 lessons, ranging from approximately 30 to 60 minutes duration each, grouped into two units:Unit 1 - What are Social Safety Nets
- Lesson 1.1 - Overview
- Lesson 1.2 - Safety Nets in different contexts
- Lesson 1.3 - Common interventions and approaches
- Lesson 2.1 - Key programme design processes
- Lesson 2.2 - Key programme implementation processes
- Lesson 2.3 - Cross-cutting aspects
The interactive version of the course is available as a downloadable package and only runs on Windows PC’s and doesn't require any additional software. Please read the following instructions.
The content of the course is also available in text format (pdf).
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!