This course was created with Adobe Flash technology. Since this technology is no longer supported by modern internet browsers, the online version was removed. The downloadable version and content of the course (text only) are still available. In order to access them, please read the instructions in the System requirements section below.
This course describes food security policies and explains when and why they are required. The course also describes the process of food security policy formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
The target audience of the e-learning course includes:
- Mid-level managers, technical staff, field personnel who are involved in the collection, management, analysis, and reporting of food security information.
- Planners, policy formulators and programme managers who are involved in monitoring progress in poverty reduction, and meeting food security goals and targets.
- Establishing a food security policy framework.
- Institutional framework for food security policies.
- Policy monitoring and evaluation.
- Policy formulation and implementation.
The course consists of 4 lessons, ranging from approximately 35 to 50 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 – Establishment of a Food Security Policy Framework
- Lesson 2 – Institutional Framework for Food Security Policies
- Lesson 3 – Policy Monitoring and Evaluation
- Lesson 4 – Policy Formulation and Implementation
The interactive version of the course is available as a downloadable package and only runs on Windows PC’s and doesn't require any additional software. Please read the following instructions.
The content of the course is also available in text format (pdf).
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the six questions in the form. It should take few minutes!