This course was created with Adobe Flash technology. Since this technology is no longer supported by modern internet browsers, the online version was removed. The downloadable version and content of the course (text only) are still available. In order to access them, please read the instructions in the System requirements section below.
The course helps raise awareness about the importance of addressing gender equality in food and nutrition security and agricultural policy and programming. It also provides concrete skills and tools that can be used in real-life policy and programming situations.
All those who wish to improve their knowledge and skills to conduct gender analysis, and collect relevant data to design, implement, monitor and evaluate agriculture and food and nutrition security policies and programmes that are gender responsive. This may include policy and decision-makers, programme and project managers, statisticians, programming and monitoring staff.
- Gender equality concepts and principles
- Gender dimensions of food and nutrition security
- Producing gender statistics to inform policy and legislation
- Formulating and implementing gender-responsive food and nutrition security policies
- Conducting a gender analysis
- Designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating gender-responsive programmes
The course consists of 14 lessons, ranging from approximately 10 to 80 minutes duration each, grouped into three units:Unit 1 - Overview of gender concepts and principles
- Lesson 1.1 - Closing the gender gap
- Lesson 1.2 - Gender roles, gender discrimination and gender equality
- Lesson 1.3 - Gender dimensions of food and nutrition security (FNS)
- Lesson 2.1 - International commitments on gender equality
- Lesson 2.2 - Gender statistics for informing policy and legislation
- Lesson 2.3 - Producing gender statistics
- Lesson 2.4 - Formulating gender-responsive FNS policiess
- Lesson 2.5 - From a FNS policy to a gender-responsive Plan of Action
- Lesson 2.6 - Gender advocacy for food and nutrition security
- Lesson 3.1 - Conducting a gender analysis for programme design
- Lesson 3.2 - Designing gender-responsive FNS projects and programmes
- Lesson 3.3 - Gender-sensitive monitoring and evaluation for FNS
- Lesson 3.4 - Gender and programme implementation
- Lesson 3.5 - Addressing gender in organizations working on FNS
The interactive version of the course is available as a downloadable package and only runs on Windows PC’s and doesn't require any additional software. Please read the following instructions.
The content of the course is also available in text format (pdf).
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!