This course guides you through the simulation of a workshop process using a methodology based on malnutrition problem-and-solution trees, to support joint planning for combating food insecurity and malnutrition. It allows you to understand the multisectoral causes of malnutrition, and gain new facilitation skills for successful participatory workshops.
The course is designed to assist professionals from a variety of sectors (agriculture, livestock, fisheries, health, rural development, education, social protection...) that are involved in shaping and implementing development, emergency and resilience programmes.
- Design of a joint malnutrition strategy.
- Preparation of the workshop and facilitation techniques.
- Malnutrition problem and solution tree methodology.
- Design of the malnutrition problem tree sessions.
- Design of the malnutrition solution tree session.
- Action-plan session and the follow-up of the workshop.
The course consists of 4 lessons:
- Lesson 1 – Preparing for the Workshop
- Lesson 2 – Running the Introductory and Problem Tree Sessions
- Lesson 3 – Running the Solution Tree Sections
- Lesson 4 – Action-Planning session and Follow-Up the Workshop
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!