This course was created with Adobe Flash technology. Since this technology is no longer supported by modern internet browsers, the online version was removed. The downloadable version and content of the course (text only) are still available. In order to access them, please read the instructions in the System requirements section below.
This course describes the different steps required to produce a scientific or technical project publication, from development to dissemination of the final document. It also explains principles for writing, structuring the text and creating illustrations, and provides guidance on distribution channels and promotion methods.
The course is targeted to scientists from research and development institutions or universities. It mainly concerns researchers engaged in agricultural research and rural development.
- Different types of scientific and technical publications
- Selection criteria for choosing of scientific and technical information
- The basics of scientific and technical writing
- Publishing process step-by-step
- Methods, channels and legal aspects for dissemination and promotion of scientific publications
The course consists of 20 lessons, ranging from approximately 20 to 180 minutes duration each, grouped into six units:Unit 1 - Preparing a publication project
- Lesson 1.1 - Why publish?
- Lesson 1.2 - Choosing a type of publication
- Lesson 1.3 - Planning a publicaton project
- Lesson 2.1 - Identifying sources of information
- Lesson 2.2 - Accessing information
- Lesson 2.3 - Managing your reference list
- Lesson 3.1 - Using a clear and accurate style
- Lesson 3.2 - Structuring and supporting your argument
- Lesson 3.3 - Structuring the text
- Lesson 3.4 - Designing Tables and figures
- Lesson 4.1 - Choosing a journal
- Lesson 4.2 - Preparing the components of an article
- Lesson 4.3 - Writing the article
- Lesson 4.4 - Submitting the article to a journal
- Lesson 5.1 - Scientific extension documents
- Lesson 5.2 - Preparing a data sheet
- Lesson 5.3 - Preparing a technical manual
- Lesson 5.4 - Designing a poster
- Lesson 6.1 - Disseminating your publication
- Lesson 6.2 - Communicating about your publication
The interactive version of the course is available as a downloadable package and only runs on Windows PC’s and doesn't require any additional software. Please read the following instructions.
The content of the course is also available in text format (pdf).
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!