The course presents an approach for improved mapping and differentiating spatialtemporal facts at country level (agro-environmental stratification), using the best remotely sensed data and most modern interpretation/analysis methods.
The course is targeted at a broad range of producers and users of spatial and non-spatial agricultural statistics, analysts and technicians in geo-information organizations; national statistics offices and statistics assessment units of ministries of agriculture, as in early warning units, managers and decision makers will also find interesting ideas and examples in the proposed curricula materials.
- Use of the hyper-temporal time-space domain
- Vegetation and remote sensing
- Acquisition and pre-processing of hyper-temporal Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI) data sets.
- Classification of hyper-temporal data
- How to visualize, interpret and analyze hyper-temporal data sets
- How to capture and display agricultural statistics, using NDVI-maps
The course consists of 6 lessons, ranging from approximately 30 to 50 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 – The use of the hyper-temporal time-space domain
- Lesson 2 – Vegetation and remote sensing
- Lesson 3 – Acquisition and pre-processing of hyper-temporal vegetation (NDVI) data sets
- Lesson 4 – Classification of hyper-temporal data
- Lesson 5 – Visualizing, interpreting anda analyzing hyper-temporal data sets
- Lesson 6 – Using NDVI-maps to capture and display agricultural statistics
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!