This course focuses on SDG Indicator 2.a.1 – Agriculture orientation index for government expenditure. The course illustrates the indicator, its rationale, the methodology and statistical classifications it is based on, and the challenges that countries may face when compiling the data.
This course is primarily intended for professionals who play a role in the data collection, analysis and reporting on SDG Indicator 2.a.1, as well as for people with an interest in the process. They include policy-makers, data producers, and professionals
in charge of compiling the Government Expenditure on Agriculture questionnaire.
- Fundamental role of public finance in supporting agriculture
- How SDG Indicator 2.a.1 is calculated
- How the Indicator can help monitoring Target 2.a of the 2030 Development Agenda
- Data collection, compilation and reporting process for SDG Indicator 2.a.1
- Role of countries in compiling government expenditure data
The course consists of 4 lessons, ranging from approximately 15 to 30 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 – The role of public finance in Goal 2 and Target 2.a of the 2030 Agenda
- Lesson 2 – Target 2.a and indicator 2.a.1
- Lesson 3 – Compilation of Government Expenditure on Agriculture questionnaire
- Lesson 4 – Countries' role in compiling government expenditure data
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieve a grade of at least 75%. please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the six questions in the form. It should take few minutes!