This course provides guidance to complete the Protocols for the Integrated Phase Classification of Acute Food Insecurity. It provides step-by-step guidance to complete the Protocols for each of the four Functions of the IPC, and the special Protocols for areas with limited or no humanitarian access.
The course is part of a series of e-learning courses on the IPC, developed by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO).
This course has been moved to the IPC Global Platform website.
The course is aimed at professionals who are or want to be involved in IPC activities at global, regional or country levels, including:
- food security and nutrition analysists;
- local officers;
- sectoral experts; and
- communication officers.
- Purpose of the four IPC functions for acute food insecurity: building technical consensus, classifying severity and identifying key drivers, communicating for action, and quality assurance.
- How to complete all the protocols of each of the four functions
- How to complete special protocols for areas with limited or no humanitarian access.
The course consists of 4 sections:
- Section 1 – Build technical consensus
- Section 2 – Classify severity & identify key drivers
- Section 3 – Communicate for action
- Section 4 – Quality assurance