SDG Indicator 14.4.1 - Fish stocks sustainability
This course focuses on SDG Indicator 14.4.1 - Fish stocks sustainability: “Proportion of fish stocks within biologically sustainable levels”. It introduces basic fisheries concepts and definitions, illustrates some technical aspects of classical and data-limited stock assessment and provides detailed guidance on process and tools for the analysis and reporting of the Indicator.
Duration: 3.5 hours Publication Date: November 2019
- System Requirements
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of Chrome and Safari. In order to access this course on Internet Explorer or Firefox, you must install and enable Adobe Flash player.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
The target audience of this course includes:
- National fisheries administration officials
- Policy-makers or advisors
- Members of the fishing community/fishing organizations
- Fisheries scientists, data analysts, and statisticians
- Course structure
The course consists of 5 lessons, ranging from approximately 30 to 60 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 Introduction to SDG Indicator 14.4.1
- Lesson 2 Concepts and process behind the estimations of SDG Indicator 14.4.1
- Lesson 3 Estimation of SDG Indicator 14.4.1 from classical stock assessment outputs
- Lesson 4 Estimation of SDG Indicator 14.4.1 from data-limited methods (coming soon)
- Lesson 5 Guidelines for national reporting of SDG Indicator 14.4.1