This is the first of a series of courses on rinderpest, that aims to improve knowledge and capacities to suspect and rapidly identify and control an outbreak if re-emergence occurs. The course provides an overview of rinderpest eradication and illustrates the consequences of a possible re-emergence. It also describes the disease etiology and epidemiology, clinical signs, post-mortem findings and differential diagnosis.
This e-learning course is intended for a range of professionals who play a role in detecting and facing a possible re-emergence of the disease, including:
- Veterinary services
- Veterinary professionals
- Laboratory personnel
- Researchers, teachers and students of veterinary faculties
- Basics of rinderpest and the consequences of a possible re-emergence
- The organism that causes the disease and its epidemiology and transmission
- Clinical signs and different forms of the disease infection in cattle and buffaloes
- Typical post-mortem findings in cattle and buffaloes
- Common differential diagnosis of rinderpest from similar disease
- Diagnosis through an interactive Rinderpest game
The course consists of 5 lessons, ranging from approximately 10 to 40 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 - Rinderpest eradication and consequences of re-emergence
- Lesson 2 - Etiology and disease epidemiology
- Lesson 3 - Clinical signs of rinderpest
- Lesson 4 - Post-mortem findings
- Lesson 5 - Differential diagnosis
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieving a grade of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!