Rinderpest disease recognition
This is the first of a series of courses on rinderpest, that aims to improve knowledge and capacities to suspect and rapidly identify and control an outbreak if re-emergence occurs. The course provides an overview of rinderpest eradication and illustrates the consequences of a possible re-emergence. It also describes the disease etiology and epidemiology, clinical signs, post-mortem findings and differential diagnosis.
Duration: 2 hours Publication Date: February 2020
- System Requirements
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of Chrome and Safari. In order to access this course on Internet Explorer or Firefox, you must install and enable Adobe Flash player.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
This e-learning course is intended for a range of professionals who play a role in detecting and facing a possible re-emergence of the disease, including:
- Veterinary services
- Veterinary professionals
- Laboratory personnel
- Researchers, teachers and students of veterinary faculties
- You will learn about
You will learn about
- Basics of rinderpest and the consequences of a possible re-emergence
- The organism that causes the disease and its epidemiology and transmission
- Clinical signs and different forms of the disease infection in cattle and buffaloes
- Typical post-mortem findings in cattle and buffaloes
- Common differential diagnosis of rinderpest from similar disease
- Course structure
The course consists of 5 lessons, ranging from approximately 10 to 40 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 - Rinderpest eradication and consequences of re-emergence
- Lesson 2 - Etiology and disease epidemiology
- Lesson 3 - Clinical signs of rinderpest
- Lesson 4 - Post-mortem findings
- Lesson 5 - Differential diagnosis
- Digital Badge Certification
Digital Badge Certification
To be granted a digital certification from the FAO e-learning Centre, you will have to take the final evaluation exam after you’ve finished a course.
Our digital badge certifications verify that you have achieved the learning outcomes and competencies outlined in FAO e-learning courses.
Please click the link below to start the test: