Home-Grown School Feeding
Governments and development actors are increasingly recognizing the importance and value that school meals constitute globally. The benefits of Home-Grown School Feeding (HGSF) go beyond education and nutrition to tackle livelihoods of smallholder famers and local communities. They also strengthen the nexus between nutrition, agriculture and social protection. Based on the HGSF Resource Framework, this course can help governments achieve their goals and foster a community of practice in HGSF.
Duration: 1.5 hours Publication Date: February 2020
- System Requirements
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of Chrome and Safari. In order to access this course on Internet Explorer or Firefox, you must install and enable Adobe Flash player.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
This e-learning course is for policy makers, practitioners, governments and stakeholders to help designing, implementing and scaling up HGSF programmes.
- You will learn about
You will learn about
- Conceptualizing Home-Grown School Feeding (HGSF) programmes
- Planning of HGSF programmes that are well integrated into the national context
- The different design and implementation options, including models for linking Home-Grown School Feeding (HGSF) to local agriculture
- Monitoring, evaluating, and reporting on an HGSF programme
- Course structure
The course consists of 4 lessons, ranging from approximately 10 to 40 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 – Understanding Home-Grown School Feeding (HGSF)
- Lesson 2 – Planning Home-Grown School Feeding (HGSF)
- Lesson 3 – Designing and implementing Home-Grown School Feeding (HGSF)
- Lesson 4 – Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) and Reporting
- Digital Badge Certification
Digital Badge Certification
To be granted a digital certification from the FAO e-learning Centre, you will have to take the final evaluation exam after you’ve finished a course.
Our digital badge certifications verify that you have achieved the learning outcomes and competencies outlined in FAO e-learning courses.
Please click the link below to start the test: