This course has been developed to provide basic knowledge on climate change negotiations in the scope of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), and its Paris Agreement, in order to support onboarding of new members of the National Delegations. It has a specific focus on thematic negotiations related to agriculture.
This course is targeted to policy-makers and practitioners working on climate negotiations.
- The history and key milestones and multilateral agreements of climate change cooperation under the United Nations.
- The key bodies that comprise the UNFCCC and the meetings that take place within and between these bodies and other stakeholders.
- The role of observers and negotiating groups.
- Key document types in the negotiation process.
- The process of negotiation, including interests and positions and soft and hard negotiation skills.
The course consists of 4 lessons, ranging from approximately 25 to 30 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 – A multilateral approach to fighting climate change
- Lesson 2 – UNFCCC structures and meetings
- Lesson 3 – Negotiating and reaching agreement under the UNFCCC
- Lesson 4 – Negotiations and negotiation skills
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieve a grade of at least 75%. please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the six questions in the form. It should take few minutes!