This e-learning course guides learners on how to use the Ex-Ante Carbon-balance Tool (EX-ACT) to quantify the climate change mitigation potential of your agricultural interventions (projects, programmes or policies).The course is based on EX-ACT version 9.
This e-learning course is specifically relevant for:
- Policy makers
- Researchers, research institutes and universities
- Development practitioners and project managers
- Understand the key concepts used in EX-ACT.
- Describe the intended use of each of the EX-ACT modules.
- Understand the structure, function and mandatory data requirements of the EX-ACT modules.
- Populate the data cells in each module.
- Read and interpret the results of the greenhouse gas (GHG) analysis generated by the tool.
The course has been designed into distinct learning steps, to gradually dive into the functionality and potential of EX-ACT. There are seven lessons in this course:
- Lesson 1: Introduction to EX-ACT
- Lesson 2: Fundamental modules in EX-ACT
- Lesson 3: Forestry activities in EX-ACT
- Lesson 4: Cropland activities in EX-ACT
- Lesson 5: Inputs, grasslands and livestock activities in EX-ACT
- Lesson 6: Inland and coastal wetland management in EX-ACT
- Lesson 7: Fisheries and aquaculture activities in EX-ACT
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieving a grade of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!