This course explains the importance of tenure security for the good outcome of development investments and describes how to conduct land rights recordation interventions to strengthen and secure tenure rights. It also explores how technology can support the recordation process and highlights key elements that should be taken into account when incorporating technology into it. Finally, it provides guidelines that can help select the most appropriate technology for the specific context where land right recordation is conducted.
- Technical specialists supporting development interventions
- Civil society organization coordinators
- Policy makers
- Local government officials
- Private investors
- What is tenure security and why it is important.
- The functional linkages between tenure security and development investment.
- The characteristics of the fit-for-purpose (FFP) land administration.
- The main actions that can be conducted for increasing tenure insecurity.
- The differences between conventional land rights recordation and FFP land rights recordation.
- The process and the principles to be applied in FFP land rights recordation.
- The role of technology in supporting FFP land rights recordation activities and the constraints to be considered.
- The criteria to be used for selecting the appropriate technology to strengthen and support the land recordation process in a specific context.
- Examples of technology available to support land rights recordation.
The course consists of 5 lessons, ranging from approximately 10 minutes to 1.5 hours duration each:
- Lesson 1 – The importance of tenure security
- Lesson 2 – Land administration: a shift to a fit-for-purpose approach
- Lesson 3 – Increasing tenure security
- Lesson 4 – Conducting FFP land rights recordation
- Lesson 5 – Technology and FFP land rights recordation
This course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.
The course opens in a separate popup window. If this does not happen, a popup blocker in the browser is probably preventing it from opening and you will need to disable popup blockers for this site. Please read the following instructions on how to do this.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieving a grade of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!