Using two realistic scenarios, this course illustrates the linkages between agriculture, food systems and nutrition, and describes existing opportunities for integrating nutrition into food system policies, investments and programmes. The course offers a series of examples of nutrition-sensitive policies and interventions, as well as an overview of the main initiatives and commitment on nutrition.
The course is designed to assist professionals from any fields related to agriculture and food systems (inputs and production, processing, storage, transport and retailing, consumption) that are involved in shaping and implementing nutrition-sensitive programmes, investments and policies. This includes professionals working for development partners (i.e. international organizations, donor agencies, non-governmental organizations), for national governments or as independent consultants.
- Impact of malnutrition on individuals, society and economy
- Agriculture, the food system, and nutrition
- Addressing the multisectoral nature of malnutrition
- Key recommendations for nutrition-sensitive programmes, investments and policies
- Examples of nutrition-sensitive interventions
- Initiatives and commitments for addressing malnutrition
The course consists of 5 lessons, ranging from approximately 20 to 45 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 – Why does nutrition matter?
- Lesson 2 – How does the food system influence nutrition?
- Lesson 3 – Making agriculture and food systems nutrition-sensitive: key principles
- Lesson 4 – Making agriculture and food systems nutrition-sensitive: key interventions
- Lesson 5 – A conducive international environment for nutrition
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieve a grade of at least 75%. please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the six questions in the form. It should take few minutes!