This course provides tools, methods and processes to support countries in monitoring and reporting on SDG Indicator 14.b.1 for securing sustainable smallscale fisheries.
Why should you take this course?
This course is primarily intended for those who play a role in data collection, analysis and reporting for the Indicator 14.b.1 of the Sustainable Development Goals, as well as for people with an interest in the process, such as:
- Policy-makers or advisors
- National fisheries administration officials
- Small-scale fishing community members/organizations
- Representatives from NGO, regional organizations, academia/researchers, donor community
- Nature and importance of small-scale fisheries
- Key challenges and policy implications for securing sustainable small-scale fisheries
- Voluntary guidelines for securing sustainable small-scale fisheries in the context of food security and poverty eradication
- Indicator 14.b.1 components and what it measures
- Methodology to estimate and process to report on this indicator
- Possible uses of the collected data for national, regional and local purposes
The course consists of 4 lessons, ranging from approximately 25 to 60 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 – Introduction
- Lesson 2 – Creating an enabling environment for sustainable small-scale fisheries
- Lesson 3 – Gathering data and compiling the 14.b indicator
- Lesson 4 – Managing and using the estimated results of 14.b indicator
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieving a grade of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!