This course focuses on SDG Indicator 5.a.1, which is one of two indicators that focus on women’s ownership and/or control over agricultural land. As this is a statistical based indicator, after introducing its key concepts, definitions and rationale, the course offers detailed guidance both on data collection and manipulation, and computation of the various sub-indicators.
Originally published in February 2018. Updated in April 2023
The target audience of this course includes:
- Directors and senior staff of national statistical offices
- Statisticians of national statistical offices
- FAO regional statisticians
- Policy makers or advisors
- Representatives from legal and human rights institutions
- Experience-based food security measurement, and its role in the SDGs
- Explanation of the key phrases used within the 5.a.1 Indicator
- Suitable data sources to use and selection processes and questions to capture the reference population, including harmonization with other SDG indicators
- Data manipulation and computing of Indicator 5.a.1
The course consists of 4 lessons, ranging from approximately 30 to 40 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 – Introduction to indicator on secure and equal ownership rights for women on agricultural land
- Lesson 2 – Definitions
- Lesson 3 – Collecting the data
- Lesson 4 – Computing the 5.a.1 Indicator
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieving a grade of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!