The course provides guidance on the rationale and the main characteristics of Indicator 6.4.1, and on how to compute the two dimensions constituting the indicator: the hydrologic and the economic component. It also highlights possible challenges related to data availability, and the impact that monitoring results may have on national decision-making and identification of development policies.
This course is primarily intended for those who play a role in data collection, analysis and reporting on SDG Indicator 6.4.1, as well as for people with an interest in the process. They include:
- Decision makers, policy planners, donors.
- Program directors.
- Technical specialists in national institutions in charge of SDG monitoring, including water experts, statisticians, environmental specialists or economists.
- The context of SDG 6, Target 6.4 and the positioning of Indicator 6.4.1 within the system of SDG goals and targets.
- Data requirements to compute the indicator and challenges related to their availability.
- How to compute and interpret Indicator 6.4.1.
- The importance of implementing an effective mechanism of data verification and quality control and assurance of the monitoring process.
The course consists of 3 lessons, ranging from approximately 35 to 55 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 – Introduction to SDG 6, Target 6.4 and Indicator 6.4.1
- Lesson 2 – Change in water-use efficiency over time
- Lesson 3 – Step-by-step of the monitoring process
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieving a grade of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!