This course explains national and international legislation aimed at preventing and reducing child labour. It provides suggestions on how to assess whether a policy adequately addresses child labour in agriculture in your country. It also suggests opportunities within the development and implementation of a national rural development or agricultural policy where consideration of child labour concerns could make a difference.
The course will contribute to the capacity development of:
- policy makers and advisors of agricultural related policy,
- agricultural programme designers and implementers,
- agricultural producer organizations,
- agricultural researchers, and
- agricultural statisticians,
who wish and need to know more about tackling child labour in agriculture.
- International standards on child labour relevant to agriculture.
- How to assess national policies for addressing child labour in agriculture and identify gaps in policy coherence.
- The impact of agricultural and other policies on child labour.
- How to integrate child labour in each stage of the policy cycle.
- The important factors to consider when seeking to integrate child labour.
The course consists of 2 lessons, ranging from approximately 45 to 50 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 – Assessing policy against national child labour obligations
- Lesson 2 – Identifying opportunities in agricultural policies
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieve a grade of at least 75%. please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the six questions in the form. It should take few minutes!