This is the fourth of a series of e-learning courses on Nutrition and Food Systems, which will guide you through the steps required to design of a nutrition-sensitive agriculture and food system programme. By the end of the course, you will be aware of key issues to consider at each step and be equipped with tools to address them.
The course is designed to assist professionals from any fields related to agriculture and food systems that are involved in designing nutrition-sensitive programmes, investments and policies. This includes staff working in a wide range of organizations including national governments, regional organizations, international organizations, non- governmental organizations (NGOs), research institutes, universities, development agencies, and private sector.
- Basic concepts of agriculture to nutrition impact pathways, and how to apply them through practical, scenario based examples.
- How to formulate nutrition-sensitive objectives and outcomes.
- How to target nutritionally vulnerable and prioritize interventions accordingly.
- How to define key elements of the implementation strategy, namely capacities and partnerships.
- How to design a monitoring system.
- Considerations for costing nutrition-related elements.
The course consists of 7 lessons:
- Lesson 1 – Introduction: Agriculture-to-Nutrition Impact Pathways. Key concepts
- Lesson 2 – Step 1: Formulating nutrition-sensitive objectives and outcomes
- Lesson 3 – Step 2: Target the nutritionally vulnerable and prioritize interventions accordingly
- Lesson 4 – Step 3: Build your impact pathway
- Lesson 5 – Step 4: Define your implementation strategy
- Lesson 6 – Step 5: Design a monitoring system
- Lesson 7 – Step 6: Costing nutrition-related elements
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieve a grade of at least 75%. please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the six questions in the form. It should take few minutes!