Sustainable Development Goal 12.3 is defined as the goal that “by 2030, halve per capita global food waste at the retail and consumer levels and reduce food losses along production and supply chains, including post-harvest losses”. The e-learning course covers the sub-indicator 12.3.1.a Food Loss Index (FLI) which will aid countries in reducing food losses along production and supply chains. The lessons cover the index and its components, along with strategies and guidelines for collecting, integrating and modelling the necessary data from a variety of sources.
This course is primarily intended for staff/agencies responsible for monitoring food loss and/or for data collection, dissemination and analysis or staff/agencies that will be potentially involved in the estimation and reporting of SDG indicator 12.3.1.
- Understanding the SDG target 12.3 and indicator 12.3.1.a and how it can inform food system policies (and vice versa).
- Explaining the importance of measuring and reporting on food losses at country-level.
- Understanding definitions and key concepts.
- Understanding challenges in the measurement, how to strategize and use tools to collect the necessary information.
The course consists of 5 lessons, of 40 - 55 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 – Introduction to SDG Target 12.3 and Sub-indicator 12.3.1.a
- Lesson 2 – Food Loss Index (FLI) & Global Food Loss Index (GFLI)
- Lesson 3 – Introduction to Loss Data Collection
- Lesson 4 – The Food Loss Estimation Model
- Lesson 5 – Monitoring and Reporting
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieve a grade of at least 75%. please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the six questions in the form. It should take few minutes!