This e-learning course follows the previous one of the series: ‘Linkages between food security, nutrition and social protection: An introduction to basic concepts and principles’. It provides information on the process of conducting an assessment of social assistance and/or safety net programmes (part of the wider social protection measures) using the ISPA-FSN tool, presenting the four phases of the tool and how to implement its steps and activities.
This course targets:
- government employees and programme managers working for the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labour; and
- government employees, national and international development practitioners and researchers working on food security, nutrition and social protection issues.
- The main steps and activities for implementing the ISPA-FSN tool throughout its four phases.
- The process of conducting an assessment of social assistance programmes, using this tool to assess the impact on food security and nutrition outcomes.
The course consists of 3 lessons of approximately 20 - 40 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 – Phase 1 of the ISPA-FSN tool: Preparation and assessment
- Lesson 2 – Phase 2 of the ISPA-FSN tool: Data and information collection
- Lesson 3 – Phase 3 and 4 of the ISPA-FSN tool: Overview of findings and country report
This course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.
The course opens in a separate popup window. If this does not happen, a popup blocker in the browser is probably preventing it from opening and you will need to disable popup blockers for this site. Please read the following instructions on how to do this.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieving a grade of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!
This course was developed by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and is based on the Inter-Agency Social Protection Assessment tool on Food Security and Nutrition (ISPA-FSN).
The following organizations contributed to the development of the ISPA-FSN tool under the overall leadership of FAO: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), International Labour Organization (ILO), International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth (IPC-IG), World Bank Group (WBG), Save the Children and World Food Programme (WFP).