In the context of the global water shortages and challenges for water savings in agricultural systems, this course introduces interventions and tools, and more specifically the real water savings in agricultural systems (REWAS) project, that aims to provide practical guidance on the implementation of real water savings.
This course targets field-level programme officers and technical advisors in the water, food, irrigation and agricultural sectors. It is also relevant to anyone working or conducting research in these sectors.
- The causes of water scarcity as well as its impacts on society.
- Tools and approaches to achieving real water savings such as water accounting, allocation and productivity.
- The potential impacts, both positive and negative, of water savings interventions as they relate to water accounting, allocation and productivity.
The course consists of 3 lessons, ranging from approximately 30 minutes to 45 duration each:
- Lesson 1 – Water scarcity: Causes and consequences
- Lesson 2 – The need for REWAS
- Lesson 3 – Pathways to solutions
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieve a grade of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!