This course, adapted from the Illuminating Hidden Harvests (IHH) country case study approach, has been designed to support countries in their collection of national and sub-national level secondary data on the contributions of small-scale fisheries to sustainable development.
- Policymakers or advisors.
- National fisheries administration officials.
- Small-scale fishing community organizations.
- Representatives of NGOs, regional organizations. academia/researchers and the donor community.
- The Illuminating Hidden Harvests (IHH) report, including the importance of measuring the contributions of small-scale fisheries to sustainable development.
- The scope of the IHH approach, the structure of the data compilation files.
- Collection methods for the seven components and their indicators.
- The importance of documenting all data findings and how to do it.
- Essential troubleshooting knowledge to work around most common data collection gaps and ensure that data collection is done well.
- Lesson 1 - Illuminating Hidden Harvests (IHH)
- Lesson 2 - Overview of the IHH approach
- Lesson 3 - Data compilation approach
- Lesson 4 - Application and troubleshooting
This course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.
The course opens in a separate popup window. If this does not happen, a popup blocker in the browser is probably preventing it from opening and you will need to disable popup blockers for this site. Please read the following instructions on how to do this.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieving a grade of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!