This course highlights the importance of forests in climate change mitigation and how quality measurement, verification and reporting (MRV) is needed to ensure environmental integrity. It outlines the MRV requirements for jurisdictional REDD+ of different standards/programmes, in case countries are seeking to obtain results-based payments or climate finance.
This course is designed for individuals working on technical teams within national or subnational governments responsible for REDD+ MRV, and for those countries wishing to access results-based payments. The course also targets persons working in ministries, government officers, academia and private sector among others involved in the design and establishment of MRV for REDD+.
- The role of forests in climate change mitigation.
- The measurement, verification and reporting (MRV) requirements for REDD+.
- REDD+ standards for jurisdictional REDD+.
- The importance of robust MRV for environmental integrity of Jurisdictional REDD+ in channelling additional funding.
The course consists of 2 lessons of approximately 30 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 - The importance of forests in climate change mitigation and the role of REDD+
- Lesson 2 - Measurement, reporting and verification (MRV) for environmental integrity of jurisdictional REDD+
This course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.
The course opens in a separate popup window. If this does not happen, a popup blocker in the browser is probably preventing it from opening and you will need to disable popup blockers for this site. Please read the following instructions on how to do this.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieving a grade of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!