This course provides tools, methods and processes to support countries in monitoring and reporting on SDG Indicator 6.4.2 "Level of water stress: freshwater withdrawal in percentage of available freshwater resources".
This course is primarily intended for professionals who play a role in the data collection, analysis and reporting on SDG Indicator 6.4.2, as well as for people with an interest in the process. They include policy-makers, water specialists, statistical officers and environmental specialists from national institutions, NGOs, regional and international organizations, academia/ researchers and donor community.
- Meaning and importance of the indicator 6.4.2.
- Composition of the indicator and its variables.
- Indicator’s use for policy development.
- Data disaggregation and corresponding data requirements.
- Processes of collecting data, computing and reporting.
- Mechanisms to ensure quality of the data collection process and its outcome.
- Implementation of the monitoring process at national level.
The course consists of 3 lessons, ranging from approximately 35 to 60 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 – Introduction to SDG 6 and Target 6.4
- Lesson 2 – Level of water stress: freshwater withdrawal as percentage of available freshwater resources
- Lesson 3 – Step-by-step data collection and computation
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieve a grade of at least 75%. please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the six questions in the form. It should take few minutes!