This course has been developed to guide countries in reporting on Indicators 15.1.1 and 15.2.1. It illustrates the rationale of the indicators, the definitions and methodologies on which monitoring activities are based, and explains the process and the tools available for compiling data related to the two indicators through the Global Forest Resources Assessment (FRA) Programme.
The target audience of this course includes:
- FRA National Correspondent (NC)
- Head of national forestry authority or ministry or policy advisor
- National statistical officer
The course may also be of interest for all the professionals involved in the process of monitoring and reporting on the two indicators and who wish to have concrete guidance on how to effectively play their role in this process.
- The role of forests and forest-related data and information for the achievement of Goal 15 and other related SDGs
- The rationale of forest-related indicators 15.1.1 and 15.2.1 within the context of the 2030 Agenda
- The methodologies to compile data on indicator 15.1.1 and the main features provided by the FRA platform to complete the reporting process
- The role and activities of countries and FAO in the reporting process on indicator 15.2.1 and the relevant information needed to its estimation
The course consists of 5 lessons, ranging from approximately 20 to 60 minutes duration each, grouped into three units:Unit 1 - Introduction
- Lesson 1.1 – Forests in the SDGs: reporting on Indicators 15.1.1 and 15.2.1
- Lesson 2.1 – SDG Indicator 15.1.1: Forest area as a proportion of total land area
- Lesson 2.2 – Reporting on forest and other wooded land in the Global Forest Resources Assessment (FRA) platform
- Lesson 3.1 – SDG Indicator 15.2.1 and its subindicators
- Lesson 3.2 – Reporting on Indicator 15.2.1 through the online Global Forest Resources Assessment (FRA) platform
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieving a grade of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!