Responding to risk requires developing strategies which combine different risk management tools as well as policies and programs to address constraints and broader issues that create the context in which risks occur. This course will present the role that major stakeholders in the agrifood system can play to design Agriculture Risk Managment (ARM) strategies and make them effective and sustainable.
The target audience for this course includes:
- Farmers, farm management advisors, farmer organizations and communities;
- Policymakers and planners, and other government officials; and
- Service and input providers and other intermediaries dealing with agricultural risk management services.
- Describing an ARM strategy at farm, local and national level
- Comparing and selecting risk management tools to create ARM plans/strategies
- Explaining the roles and responsibilities of all the major stakeholders in formulating and implementing ARM strategies
- Understanding how information system, capacity development and mainstreaming can make ARM strategies effective and sustainable
The course consists of 4 lessons:
- Lesson 1 – Implementing Risk Management Strategy at the Farm Level (Micro)
- Lesson 2 – Implementing Risk Management Strategy at the Local Area Level (Meso)
- Lesson 3 – Implementing Risk Management Strategy at the National Level (Macro)
- Lesson 4 – The Role of Government, Capacity Building and Mainstreaming of ARM
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieve a grade of at least 75%. please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the six questions in the form. It should take few minutes!