Agriculture is a risky sector. Extreme weather conditions, pests and diseases and market uncertainties are just few examples of events that can negatively affect farming activities, posing a major threat to households livelihood and food security. This
course will present an overview of concepts linked to agricultural risk management, describing which risks farmers face, within a holistic approach that covers the entire agrifood system.
- Farmers, farm management advisors, farmer organizations and communities
- Policymakers and planners, and other government officials
- Service and input providers and other intermediaries dealing with agricultural risk management services
- Different risks affecting farming activities and their characteristics and main causes
- Implications of agricultural risks to farmers and other stakeholders in the agrifood system
- A holistic approach to risk management in agriculture
- Managing risks to improve livelihood and food security
The course consists of 2 lessons:
- Lesson 1 – The Risk Environment in Agriculture
- Lesson 2 – Concepts Relevant for Agricultural Risk Management
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieving a grade of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!