This course is the third in a series of e-learning courses on Rural Poverty Reduction. In it, you will develop an understanding of the actors and organizations involved in rural poverty reduction and the ways in which they interact. The importance of participatory framework, approaches and methods is highlighted, and the importance of a collaborative and inclusive way of working. Finally, the importance that capacities are developed in all individual actors and all rural organizations.
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
The course aims to support an integrated, multisectoral approach to rural poverty reduction, by improving the knowledge and capacities of a range of professionals, including:
- Policymakers, policy administrators and policy officers
- Development practitioners
- Members of civil society and rural organizations
You will learn about
- Participatory frameworks as tools to include vulnerable people through the design and implementation of rural poverty reduction policies and programmes
- Participatory, collaborative and community-based approaches and methods for research
- The role of rural organizations, such as cooperatives, trader associations and social movements, in rural poverty reduction, and the role of collaboration
- The three dimensions of capacity development and its role in rural poverty reduction - Capacity assessment and capacity development challenges
- The connections between gender and poverty
The course consists of 4 lessons, ranging from approximately 30 to 55 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 – Participatory frameworks for rural poverty reduction
- Lesson 2 – Participatory research methods
- Lesson 3 – Mapping and collaborating with rural organizations
- Lesson 4 – Capacity development for rural poverty reduction
Digital Badge Certification
To be granted a digital certification from the FAO elearning Academy, you will have to take the final evaluation exam after you’ve finished a course.
Our digital badge certifications verify that you have achieved the learning outcomes and competencies outlined in FAO e-learning courses.
Please click the link below to start the test: