This course is the third in a series of e-learning courses on Rural Poverty Reduction. In it, you will develop an understanding of the actors and organizations involved in rural poverty reduction and the ways in which they interact. The importance of participatory framework, approaches and methods is highlighted, and the importance of a collaborative and inclusive way of working. Finally, the importance that capacities are developed in all individual actors and all rural organizations.
The course aims to support an integrated, multisectoral approach to rural poverty reduction, by improving the knowledge and capacities of a range of professionals, including:
- Policymakers, policy administrators and policy officers
- Development practitioners
- Members of civil society and rural organizations
- Participatory frameworks as tools to include vulnerable people through the design and implementation of rural poverty reduction policies and programmes
- Participatory, collaborative and community-based approaches and methods for research
- The role of rural organizations, such as cooperatives, trader associations and social movements, in rural poverty reduction, and the role of collaboration
- The three dimensions of capacity development and its role in rural poverty reduction - Capacity assessment and capacity development challenges
- The connections between gender and poverty
The course consists of 4 lessons, ranging from approximately 30 to 55 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 – Participatory frameworks for rural poverty reduction
- Lesson 2 – Participatory research methods
- Lesson 3 – Mapping and collaborating with rural organizations
- Lesson 4 – Capacity development for rural poverty reduction
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieving a grade of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!