This course has been developed to support countries in the analysis and reporting for Indicator 2.4.1 of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (Proportion of agricultural area under productive and sustainable agriculture), and to facilitate the understanding of the main concepts underpinning the methodology.
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
The course is primarily intended for those who play a role in data collection, analysis and reporting for SDG Indicator 2.4.1, including agronomists, statisticians, enumerators and data analysts, as well as policy makers and people with an interest in the process.
You will learn about
- The concept of sustainable agriculture and the importance of SDG Indicator 2.4.1
- The key features of the Indicator, with a focus on its 11 themes that span economic, social and environmental dimensions
- The use of the farm survey and alternative options for data collection
- The methodology for analyzing, computing and reporting this SDG Indicator
The course consists of 4 lessons, ranging from approximately 25 to 40 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 – Introduction to SDG Indicator 2.4.1
- Lesson 2 – Key features of SDG Indicator 2.4.1
- Lesson 3 – Collecting the data
- Lesson 4 – Analysing and reporting
Digital Badge Certification
To be granted a digital certification from the FAO elearning Academy, you will have to take the final evaluation exam after you’ve finished a course.
Our digital badge certifications verify that you have achieved the learning outcomes and competencies outlined in FAO e-learning courses.
Please click the link below to start the test: