This course presents the basic principles and concepts related to resilient watershed management, and, through the description of a case study, practically illustrates the process for formulating a resilient watershed management plan, from the analysis of the enabling environment to the definition of the risk management measures to implement.
The course is targeted to watershed managers and technicians, who face important challenges in integrating risk considerations into their watershed management activities. The course would also benefit decision makers and practitioners with an interest in sustainable development and watershed management.
- General principles and approaches upon which to integrate a disaster and climate risk perspective into watershed management.
- The phases of the resilient watershed management cycle.
- The steps to conduct an enabling environment analysis and a risk assessment.
- How to structure the resilient watershed management plan.
The course consists of 5 lessons, ranging from approximately 15 to 40 minutes duration each:
- Learning step 1 – Introduction to resilient watershed management
- Learning step 2 – Ensure an enabling environment and engaging stakeholders
- Learning step 3 – Perform risk assessment
- Learning step 4 – Identifying measures for resilient watershed management
- Learning step 5 – Develop and implement the resilient watershed management plan
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieve a grade of at least 75%. please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the six questions in the form. It should take few minutes!