To meet countries’ national commitments to restoring degraded landscapes, adequate public and private investments are needed to support the different steps of the FLR cycle. Financing sources are more efficient when used in a coordinated way.
This course has been developed to improve the awareness and capacities of practitioners and policy makers to analyse FLR financial needs and opportunities, so that they are more effective at securing and coordinating funding for FLR interventions.
This course is designed for a range of stakeholders with an interest in forest and landscape restoration, including practitioners and policy makers from:
- International and regional organizations and donors;
- National governments;
- Private sector;
- Non-governmental organizations (NGOs); and
- Research institutes and universities.
- The costs and benefits of FLR and related financing needs
- What makes a landscape ‘investment ready’
- The different types of FLR investors and their priorities
- The barriers to accessing FLR investment and creating an enabling environment
- Financial and market-based mechanisms for financing FLR interventions
- The importance of coordinating different investment types and financing mechanisms to support FLR
- The importance of communication and building and strengthening alliances
The course consists of 3 lessons, ranging from approximately 35 to 55 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 – Introduction to FLR financing
- Lesson 2 – Enabling FLR financing
- Lesson 3 – Financing mechanisms for local investment in FLR
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieve a grade of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!