This is the first of a series of two e-learning courses on small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and nutrition. In this course, you will discover the business case for leveraging SMEs - and particularly those engaged in the post-production stages of the value chain - to make food systems more nutrition-sensitive.
The course series on Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and Nutrition consists of the following courses:
- Course 1: Small and Medium Enterprises and Nutrition – making the business case
- Course 2: Small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and nutrition - upgrading business models
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
This e-learning course targets SME trainers, SME representatives and policymakers working on SMEs development, sustainable food systems and nutrition. It will also benefit those interested in learning more about sustainable food systems.
You will learn about
- The key role that SMEs play in food systems.
- The rationale for making nutrition-sensitive investments, both from an SME and a public health perspective.
- Nine examples of nutrition-sensitive investments and the respective business cases.
- The key elements of an enabling environment to facilitate nutrition-sensitive investments from SMEs.
The course consists of 2 lessons, ranging from approximately 45 - 60 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 - SMEs, nutrition and food system transformation
- Lesson 2 - The business case for nutrition-sensitive investments
This course was developed by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) through the support of the project “Strengthening capacities for nutrition-sensitive food systems through a multi-stakeholder approach”, funded by the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries of Japan (MAFF) and implemented in collaboration with the Governments of Ghana, Kenya and Viet Nam.
Digital Badge Certification
To be granted a digital certification from the FAO elearning Academy, you will have to take the final evaluation exam after you’ve finished a course.
Our digital badge certifications verify that you have achieved the learning outcomes and competencies outlined in FAO e-learning courses.
Please click the link below to start the test: