This is the second of a series of two e-learning courses on Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and Nutrition. In this course, you will learn an approach to integrate nutrition into SME business models, in order to make food systems more nutrition-sensitive.
This e-learning course targets SME trainers, SME representatives and policymakers working on SMEs development, sustainable food systems and nutrition. It will also benefit those interested in learning more about sustainable food systems.
- How to craft nutrition-sensitive business visions, missions and objectives.
- Customer segmentation and identification of nutritionally vulnerable groups.
- Value proposition based on nutritious foods.
- Entry points for nutrition across the value chain.
- Strategies and tools to support the marketing of nutritious foods.
- Principles to establish partnerships with focus on SMEs and nutrition.
- Options to finance nutrition-sensitive investments of SMEs.
The course consists of 7 lessons, ranging from approximately 45 - 60 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 - Designing a nutrition-sensitive strategy
- Lesson 2 - Identifying customers
- Lesson 3 - Developing a value proposition
- Lesson 4 - Integrating nutrition in business activities
- Lesson 5 - Marketing nutritious foods
- Lesson 6 - Building partnerships
- Lesson 7 - Getting access to finance
This course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.
The course opens in a separate popup window. If this does not happen, a popup blocker in the browser is probably preventing it from opening and you will need to disable popup blockers for this site. Please read the following instructions on how to do this.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieving a grade of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!
This course was developed by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) through the support of the project “Strengthening capacities for nutrition-sensitive food systems through a multi-stakeholder approach”, funded by the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries of Japan (MAFF) and implemented in collaboration with the Governments of Ghana, Kenya and Viet Nam.