This series of four courses is designed to improve understanding of Codex Alimentarius and develop sustainable national capacities to engage in and benefit from Codex work. The second course guide the learner on how to establish a national Codex programme and make it function well. It further explain on how to engage effectively in Codex at international level.
The course series on “Effective participation in Codex work” consists of the following courses:
- Course 1: Introduction to Codex
- Course 2: Engaging in Codex (this course)
- Course 3: The role of science and risk analysis in Codex (under development)
- Course 4: Codex collaboration at regional level (under development)
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
This course is primarily intended for stakeholders who engage with and invest in smallholders producers and in particular for:
You will learn about
- The components of a national Codex programme and how they function.
- How to successfully operate your national Codex programme.
- The different types of Codex documents.
- How Codex is organized and how it operates.
- The mechanisms and tools available to enable Members to participate effectively in Codex work.
- The process for preparing, attending and following up to Codex meetings.
The course consists of 5 lessons of approximately 45-60 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 - Making Codex work at national level
- Lesson 2 - Making your national Codex programme work effectively
- Lesson 3 - Codex documentation
- Lesson 4 - How to prepare for Codex meetings
- Lesson 5 - How to engage effectively in Codex meetings
Digital Badge Certification
To be granted a digital certification from the FAO elearning Academy, you will have to take the final evaluation exam after you’ve finished a course.
Our digital badge certifications verify that you have achieved the learning outcomes and competencies outlined in FAO e-learning courses.
Please click the link below to start the test: