This course offers a process and method to evaluate the performance of a fisheries co-management system, in order to enhance its effectiveness in delivering benefits and contributing to environmental, social and economic sustainability and good governance.
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
The primary audience for this course includes those who commission an evaluation and those who carry out the evaluation. More specifically, the course targets:
- Staff from Ministry of Agriculture.
- Staff from Ministry of Fisheries.
- Members of national fisheries syndicates.
- Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) working with fishing communities.
- Researchers and academics.
You will learn about
- Processes associated with fisheries co-management.
- The adaptive analytical framework used to evaluate fisheries co-management systems.
- Process of conducting a fisheries co-management evaluation.
- How to incorporate evaluation results into ongoing planning and decision-making processes.
The course consists of 4 lessons:
- Lesson 1 – What is fisheries co-management?
- Lesson 2 – Why evaluate fisheries co-management?
- Lesson 3 – How to evaluate fisheries co-management
- Lesson 4 – Post-evaluation and adaptive management
This course was developed by the Fisheries and Aquaculture Division (NFI) of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) in collaboration with Korea FAO Sustainable and Innovative Fisheries and Aquaculture Programme (KOFAP) and the FAO eLearning Academy, with the support of the Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries of the Republic of Korea and the Korea Maritime Institute.
Digital Badge Certification
To be granted a digital certification from the FAO elearning Academy, you will have to take the final evaluation exam after you’ve finished a course.
Our digital badge certifications verify that you have achieved the learning outcomes and competencies outlined in FAO e-learning courses.
Please click the link below to start the test: