This course offers a process and method to evaluate the performance of a fisheries co-management system, in order to enhance its effectiveness in delivering benefits and contributing to environmental, social and economic sustainability and good governance.
The primary audience for this course includes those who commission an evaluation and those who carry out the evaluation. More specifically, the course targets:
- Staff from Ministry of Agriculture.
- Staff from Ministry of Fisheries.
- Members of national fisheries syndicates.
- Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) working with fishing communities.
- Researchers and academics.
- Processes associated with fisheries co-management.
- The adaptive analytical framework used to evaluate fisheries co-management systems.
- Process of conducting a fisheries co-management evaluation.
- How to incorporate evaluation results into ongoing planning and decision-making processes.
The course consists of 4 lessons:
- Lesson 1 – What is fisheries co-management?
- Lesson 2 – Why evaluate fisheries co-management?
- Lesson 3 – How to evaluate fisheries co-management
- Lesson 4 – Post-evaluation and adaptive management
This course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.
The course opens in a separate popup window. If this does not happen, a popup blocker in the browser is probably preventing it from opening and you will need to disable popup blockers for this site. Please read the following instructions on how to do this.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieving a grade of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!
This course was developed by the Fisheries and Aquaculture Division (NFI) of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) in collaboration with Korea FAO Sustainable and Innovative Fisheries and Aquaculture Programme (KOFAP) and the FAO eLearning Academy, with the support of the Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries of the Republic of Korea and the Korea Maritime Institute.