This course introduces the background of the World Trade Organization (WTO) and structure of the Agreement on Agriculture (AoA), and it discusses the outcomes of recent WTO Ministerial Conferences.
This course is designed primarily for representatives from governments, for example ministries of agriculture, trade, economy and other entities directly involved in trade negotiations and in the formulation and implementation of agricultural policies and programmes. Private sector participants such as representatives of producer organizations or agro-industry as well as researchers interested in agricultural policy and trade analysis will also benefit from the course.
- Agriculture in the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT).
- The main elements of the World Trade Organization (WTO) Agreement on Agriculture (AoA) and its provisions on Domestic Support and Export Competition.
- The implementation of the WTO AoA implementation with respect to the agriculture negotiations of the Doha Round focusing on the two most recent WTO Ministerial Conferences.
The course consists of 3 lessons, ranging from approximately 55 to 75 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1: Agriculture in the GATT and the WTO AoA provisions on market access
- Lesson 2: The WTO AoA provisions on Domestic Support and Export Competition
- Lesson 3: The WTO AoA implementation and the Doha Round Negotiations
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieve a grade of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!