This course introduces the Harmonized System (HS) nomenclature for fisheries and aquaculture products, presenting global and FAO international trade instruments in fisheries, such as Preferential Access and the Rule of Origin.
This course is designed primarily for representatives from governments, for example Ministries of Agriculture, Trade, Economy and other entities directly involved in trade negotiations and in the formulation and implementation of agricultural policies and programmes. Private sector participants, such as representatives of producer organizations or agro-industry, as well as researchers interested in agricultural policy and trade analysis, will also benefit from the course.
- Main global and FAO instruments relevant to the fisheries and aquaculture sector, as well as their impact, international requirements and compliances.
- Elements of the Harmonized System (HS) nomenclature of the World Customs Organization (WCO linked to fisheries and aquaculture products and their different uses.
- How to use the World Trade Organization - Tariff Analysis Online (WTO-TAO) database to find tariff information.
- Types of Regional Trade Agreement (RTA) and the rules associated with determining the origin of fisheries and aquaculture products, different systems of tariff preferences, and new clauses in RTAs.
The course consists of 2 lessons, ranging from approximately 45 to 50 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 - Global and FAO fisheries and aquaculture instruments
- Lesson 2 - HS nomenclature for fisheries and aquaculture products, Preferential Access and Rules of Origin
This course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.
The course opens in a separate popup window. If this does not happen, a popup blocker in the browser is probably preventing it from opening and you will need to disable popup blockers for this site. Please read the following instructions on how to do this.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieving a grade of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!