This course introduces the Progressive Management Pathway for Aquaculture Biosecurity (PMP/AB) which uses a risk-based approach to improve the overall sustainability of the aquaculture sector.
This course targets those directly and indirectly involved in the aquaculture sector. It outlines the concepts and steps needed to apply a risk analysis in the context of aquaculture with the goal of improving aquaculture biosecurity.
- The Progressive Management Pathway for Aquaculture Biosecurity (PMP/AB).
- Risk analysis approach as it applies to aquaculture biosecurity.
- How import risk analysis (IRA) can be used to manage disease risks associated with the importation of live aquatic organisms.
- The application of risk analysis along the aquaculture value chain.
The course consists of 5 lessons, ranging from approximately 25 minutes to 45 duration each:
- Lesson 1 – Introduction to the PMP/AB
- Lesson 2 – Introduction to risk analysis
- Lesson 3 – Import risk analysis
- Lesson 4 – Risk analysis along the aquaculture value chain
- Lesson 5 – Application of risk analysis along the aquaculture value chain
This course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.
The course opens in a separate popup window. If this does not happen, a popup blocker in the browser is probably preventing it from opening and you will need to disable popup blockers for this site. Please read the following instructions on how to do this.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieving a grade of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!