This course discusses policy space for food security in the multilateral trading system, and the coherence between policy processes at the national and global level.
This course is designed primarily for representatives from governments, for example ministries of agriculture, ministries of trade and commerce, ministries of economy and other entities responsible for the formulation and implementation of agricultural and trade policies and programmes. Private sector participants such as representatives of producer organizations or agro-industry as well as researchers interested in agricultural policy and trade analysis will also benefit from the course.
- The World Trade Organization (WTO), the WTO Agreement on Agriculture (AoA), and the concept of policy space for food security available to countries;
- The frameworks governing trade, food security and nutrition at the global and regional levels, and the challenges and opportunities for improving policy coherence.
The course consists of 3 lessons of approximately 50-90 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 - Introduction to the multilateral trading system
- Lesson 2 - Policy space in the multilateral trading system
- Lesson 3 - Towards improved governance for trade, food security and nutrition
This course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.
The course opens in a separate popup window. If this does not happen, a popup blocker in the browser is probably preventing it from opening and you will need to disable popup blockers for this site. Please read the following instructions on how to do this.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieving a grade of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!