This course focuses on sustainable soil and land management for climate-smart agriculture. It provides technical knowledge and examines how wide-scale implementation of climate-smart soil and land management practices can enhance mitigation of climate change and adaptation to its impacts.
This course addresses the subject matter from a technical perspective, but is written for the general public. Individuals who would especially benefit from taking the course include:
- Policy makers
- Development practitioners and programme managers
- Sectoral specialists and academics
- Trainers and extension agents
- Key concepts, including soil, land, soil degradation, ecosystem services, the effects of climate change on soil and land, and the benefits of sustainable management
- Important Sustainable Soil and Land Management (SSLM) practices, including prevention and mitigation of degradation, control of soil erosion, management of soil organic matter and improvement of water use
- Information sources, assessment practices and techniques for scaling up
- Voluntary guidelines for sustainable soil management and how they contribute to the creation of an enabling environment for SSLM
The course consists of 4 lessons, ranging from approximately 20 to 50 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 - Introduction to sustainable soil and land management
- Lesson 2 - Sustainable soil and land management in practice
- Lesson 3 - Strategies for sustainable soil and land management for climate-smart agriculture
- Lesson 4 - Creating an enabling environment for sustainable soil and land management.
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieve a grade of at least 75%. please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the six questions in the form. It should take few minutes!