This course has been designed to support the inclusion of climate-smart agriculture (CSA) approaches in the fisheries and aquaculture sector. It provides technical knowledge on these concepts and examines how implementation of CSA practices can enhance mitigation and adaptation to climate change in the sector.
This course is primarily intended for those who play a role in the inclusion of sustainable practices for the fisheries and aquaculture sector. This includes:
- Development practitioners and programme managers
- Sectoral specialists and academics
- Trainers and extension agents
- General facts of the fisheries and aquaculture sector
- The main impacts of climate change on the sector, and their implications
- Rationale of the CSA approaches and three main thematic areas
- Main responses/measures for climate-smart fisheries and aquaculture
- Practical climate-smart applications to different contexts and lessons learned
The course consists of 3 lessons, ranging from approximately 30 to 40 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 – The impact of climate change on fisheries and aquaculture
- Lesson 2 – Climate-smart approaches in fisheries and aquaculture
- Lesson 3 – Climate-smart case studies
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieving a grade of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!