Managing or starting a hire service business requires a deep understanding of the local context in which owners/managers work or intend to work. This course defines practical steps for conducting a local area, support services, and financial assessment, providing examples of findings.
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
This course is designed for a range of stakeholders with an interest in agricultural mechanization and the basics of running a hire service business. More specifically, the course is targeted towards:
- Smallholder farmers, farmers cooperatives and rural youth interested in becoming mechanization hire service entrepreneurs.
- Existing or new mechanization hire service providers along the food value chain.
- Mechanization and agri-business specialists.
- Staff from organizations, or farm machinery manufacturers and suppliers providing training in mechanization hire service provision.
You will learn about
- Steps in conducting a Local area and market assessment.
- How to define information needed and collect it.
- How to identify potential customers, services in highest demand and their profitability.
Digital Badge Certification
To be granted a digital certification from the FAO elearning Academy, you will have to take the final evaluation exam after you’ve finished a course.
Our digital badge certifications verify that you have achieved the learning outcomes and competencies outlined in FAO e-learning courses.
Please click the link below to start the test: