Mechanization hire service managers and machinery service providers need to know well the running of a hire service as a business, considering the essential concepts of organizational management. This course analyses the areas of diagnosis, planning, organization, leadership and control needed to manage a mechanization hire service business in an environmentally friendly way. The course covers the concepts of entrepreneurship and management, as well as organization, operations, and the correct financial management of the mechanization hire service business.
This course is designed for a range of stakeholders with an interest in agricultural mechanization and the basics of running a hire service business. More specifically, the course is targeted towards:
- Smallholder farmers, farmers cooperatives and rural youth interested in becoming mechanization hire service entrepreneurs.
- Existing or new mechanization hire service providers along the food value chain.
- Mechanization and agri-business specialists.
- Staff from organizations, or farm machinery manufacturers and suppliers providing training in mechanization hire service provision.
- Concepts of entrepreneurship and management.
- Importance of managing a mechanization hire service as a business.
- How to manage a machinery hire service as a business.
- Describing hire service management in terms of business organization, operations and finance.
The course consists of 2 lessons, ranging from approximately 30 to 45 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 - Management and organization of the hire service business
- Lesson 2 - Operations and finances of the hire service business
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieving a grade of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!