This course aims to present the general aspects of operation and maintenance of the agricultural equipment used within a hire service business. It introduces the concepts of proper operation, maintenance and repair service provision of machineries, equipment and tools. It explains the main principles of use and maintenance/care of agricultural power sources (including draught animals), implements and machines most likely to be of interest to mechanization service providers for smallholder farmers.
This course is designed for a range of stakeholders with an interest in agricultural mechanization and the basics of running a hire service business. More specifically, the course is targeted towards:
- Smallholder farmers, farmers cooperatives and rural youth interested in becoming mechanization hire service entrepreneurs.
- Existing or new mechanization hire service providers along the food value chain.
- Mechanization and agri-business specialists.
- Staff from organizations, or farm machinery manufacturers and suppliers providing training in mechanization hire service provision.
- Importance of the proper operation, maintenance and repair service provision of machineries, equipment and tools.
- Most common tractor systems and their related maintenance.
- Requirements of draught bovines in terms of feeding, housing and health care.
- Correct use and maintenance of different types of agricultural equipment, including seeders, planters, sprayers, post-harvest equipment and pumps.
The course consists of 3 lessons, ranging from approximately 30 to 45 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 - Operation, maintenance and repairing
- Lesson 2 - Agricultural power sources
- Lesson 3 - Agricultural equipment
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieving a grade of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!