The course provides an overview of the harvesting and post-harvest handling machinery that can enable small- to medium-scale farmers to harvest and process their crops quickly, while significantly reducing drudgery – and more importantly, losses. Such machinery can also help farmers to store their harvested products to keep them safe, nutritious and optimal for sale and self-consumption.
The primary audience for this course includes:
- Smallholder farmers and youth interested in mechanization hire service provision.
- Existing or new mechanization hire service providers along the food value chain.
- Specialists and trainers for mechanization and agri-business, including hire service provision.
- Options available for small-scale mechanized harvesting and basic post-harvest handling operations for maize and rice.
- Components and mechanism of a rice combine harvester.
- Functions and mechanism of threshers, shellers and mills.
- Storage technologies available for harvested grain.
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieve a grade of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!