This is the first in a series of three e-courses designed to assist field technicians in working with communities, groups or individuals wishing to prepare effective investment proposals. This course explores how to create a business concept, a yearly cost benefit analysis, in the field together with the entrepreneurs. It also provides guidance to field technicians in participatory data collection and investment planning in the field and explores the key concepts of a RuralInvest business concept.
People with the following profiles would benefit from taking this course:
- Field technicians and extension agents
- Financial institution agents
- International development staff
- Members of universities and training centres
- Business plan development consultants and financial specialists
- Collecting qualitative and quantitative information in the field
- Investment planning in the field
- Investment, general and fixed costs
- Operating costs and revenue
The course consists of three lessons of approximately 45 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 – Qualitative description of the investment idea
- Lesson 2 – Investment, general and fixed costs
- Lesson 3 – Operating costs and revenue
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieving a grade of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!
The RuralInvest methodology makes use of a software to develop professional business concepts and plans. You can download the RIV software here.