This is the third in a series of three e-courses designed to assist field technicians in working with communities, groups or individuals wishing to prepare effective investment proposals. This course explores how to convert a business concept into a detailed business plan with the RuralInvest software and interpret the main indicators.
People with the following profiles would benefit from taking this course:
- Field technicians and extension agents
- Financial institution agents
- International development staff
- Members of universities and training centres
- Business plan development consultants and financial specialists
- Create a business plan with the RuralInvest software from a business concept
- Describe and interpret the two main financial indicators of a business plan: the Internal rate of return (IRR) and the Net present value (NPV)
- Describe long and short term financing options and its related concepts
- Describe how to conduct an incremental and sensitivity analysis
- Configure the software as well as share plans with collaborators
The course consists of four lessons, ranging from approximately 20 to 60 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 – Business plan – Basic concepts and purpose
- Lesson 2 – Creating a Business plan with the software
- Lesson 3 – Additional analysis: Incremental and Sensitivity analysis
- Lesson 4 – Configuration and administrative functions
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieving a grade of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!
The RuralInvest methodology makes use of a software to develop professional business concepts and plans. You can download the RIV software here.