This is the third in a series of three e-courses designed to assist field technicians in working with communities, groups or individuals wishing to prepare effective investment proposals. This course explores how to convert a business concept into a detailed business plan with the RuralInvest software and interpret the main indicators.
Course seriesThe course series on Business planning with RuralInvest consists of the following courses:
- Intro Course: RuralInvest – An introduction
- Course 1: Participatory data collection and investment planning in the field
- Course 2: Business concept – Feasibility snapshot
- Course 3: Business plan – Detailed description
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
The RuralInvest methodology makes use of a software to develop professional business concepts and plans. You can download the RIV software here.
People with the following profiles would benefit from taking this course:
- Field technicians and extension agents
- Financial institution agents
- International development staff
- Members of universities and training centres
- Business plan development consultants and financial specialists
You will learn about
- Create a business plan with the RuralInvest software from a business concept
- Describe and interpret the two main financial indicators of a business plan: the Internal rate of return (IRR) and the Net present value (NPV)
- Describe long and short term financing options and its related concepts
- Describe how to conduct an incremental and sensitivity analysis
- Configure the software as well as share plans with collaborators
The course consists of four lessons, ranging from approximately 20 to 60 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 – Business plan – Basic concepts and purpose
- Lesson 2 – Creating a Business plan with the software
- Lesson 3 – Additional analysis: Incremental and Sensitivity analysis
- Lesson 4 – Configuration and administrative functions
Digital Badge Certification
To be granted a digital certification from the FAO elearning Academy, you will have to take the final evaluation exam after you’ve finished a course.
Our digital badge certifications verify that you have achieved the learning outcomes and competencies outlined in FAO e-learning courses.
Please click the link below to start the test: