This is the second in a series of three e-courses designed to assist field technicians in working with communities, groups or individuals wishing to prepare effective investment proposals. This course explores how to generate a business concept by inserting the data collected in the filed into the RuralInvest software.
Course seriesThe course series on Business planning with RuralInvest consists of the following courses:
- Intro Course: RuralInvest – An introduction
- Course 1: Participatory data collection and investment planning in the field
- Course 2: Business concept – Feasibility snapshot
- Course 3: Business plan – Detailed description
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
The RuralInvest methodology makes use of a software to develop professional business concepts and plans. You can download the RIV software here.
People with the following profiles would benefit from taking this course:
- Field technicians and extension agents
- Financial institution agents
- International development staff
- Members of universities and training centres
- Business plan development consultants and financial specialists
You will learn about
- Enter the qualitative and quantitative data for a business concept in the Rural Invest software
- Assess the feasibility of an investment idea laid out in a business concept
- Present the final report of the business concept, together with its three feasibility indicators
The course consists of three lessons, ranging from approximately 20 to 35 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 – Creating a business concept with the software
- Lesson 2 – Quantitative data entry
- Lesson 3 – Feasibility analysis
Digital Badge Certification
To be granted a digital certification from the FAO elearning Academy, you will have to take the final evaluation exam after you’ve finished a course.
Our digital badge certifications verify that you have achieved the learning outcomes and competencies outlined in FAO e-learning courses.
Please click the link below to start the test: